Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Meditating on His Word

I wish I could tell you I'm calm, cool and collected.  But the reality is I'm a worrier by nature.

About a week ago I came across a tip from a fellow blogger.  I wish I remembered who you were, but I don't.  I'm really sorry.  She was using this tip to help her memorize scripture.  I don't think she said which passage she was memorizing.  But I've had a couple of family emergencies lately and have been a bit frazzled.  I really needed to remember that God is in control and that He is with me - no matter how things looked.  So I used her tip to help focus my mind on Him and not the situation.

Her tip was to read the same passage of scripture each hour on the hour 8 times a day for 8 days.  I know it sounds like a lot but it only takes a minute or two to read through a passage.  I set everything aside and focused all my attention on really reading the passage and meditating on it each hour.  The result:  peace, calm and security. Even though my passage was something I had memorized long ago, just focusing on the words and really taking it in brought the calm I needed.

Read with me from His Word....




"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quite waters, He refreshes my soul.  He guides me along the right paths for His name's sake.  Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  Surely Your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."  Psalm 23 (NIV)
 I hope that you'll try this tip, and if you do I'd love to hear about it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment